Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Saturday, September 11, 2010

Early Warnings

Years ago, during late Winter and early Spring of 1974, I had the privilege of coming in contact with a woman by the name of Hilda who I feel was a good example of what a person would be like who is a Watchman for the Souls of Man.  Although I didn't understand at the time how a person could be like Hilda without being totally humiliated and embarrassed about her approach toward the souls who are lost, I now understand what possessed her to tell those surrounding her that if they didn't get "saved" they would burn in hell.  I was one of those people who I feel the Lord put right in her line of fire.  Although I had times in the past that the Lord tried to warn me about my eternal destiny, and somehow I never fully understood how to receive the free gift of salvation, Hilda was the ammunition that the Lord used to bring me to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.  I am eternally grateful and thankful for the person that allowed God to use her in order to "shake up" my life  to get me ready for death and eternity.  I realized later that Hilda was the way she was due to the church she was going to.  The pastor had taught many of his people to be aggressive in soul winning and in the separated lifestyle.  These two attributes caused many people to stop and pay attention to the things they said and lots of folks got saved because of it.  Since then, a lot has changed with those people but I know that in God's sight these things were very important in drawing me to Him.
Later, as time went on I became involved in an Independent Baptist Church that used the King James Bible and wouldn't think of allowing anything else in the church.  Really, at that time I never knew there was a problem with the bibles, but my husband and I both found out that there was an all out war being waged on this subject.  And so, life goes on...
In many ways as my Christian life progressed, I began to become a little bit like those folks at the separated church and began to warn the lost about damnation and eternity through passing out tracts and just plain talking to folks about their eternal destiny.  After a few years of being around these separated church people and hearing what some would call "hard" preaching,  I finally realized that God truly cares about how the born again Christian conducts his or her life and at times it can be crucial to others listening to the message of salvation and life after salvation. Hopefully, in a future blog I will share my testimony of being saved with you.

Warnings to the Saved
1 John 5:16-17
16) If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death.  There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17) All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

 So many times I see those who profess to be saved going about life as if they have no care about how thy are affecting the lost and saved around them.  Their lives many times reflect that our Lord does not really care if they drink, carouse around and party, talk filthy and tell filthy jokes, to the point that they become a stumblingblock to those around them.  Many so-called saved folks have taken great pride in being covetous, idolaters, participating in witchcraft and sorcery.  Some examples of these things would be playing the lottery or bingo for money, participating in parties on the street and elsewhere that involves rock music and other lewd music, and especially the new craze of vampire books and movies that they can't seem to live without.  Many of the libraries and bookstores have replaced the wholesome books with books on fantasy, sex, Harry Potter witchcraft and sorcery, and all the Sci Fi stuff.  What ever happened to being good and clean in our lifestyles?
What a sad day it has become when our children can't even go out to play at church for fear of being lured into the obscene by some well meaning professing Christian.
1 John 5:21
21) Little Children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment