Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Importance of Words


This information was taken from my daughter Beth's blog and I thought it would be a good way to start the new year off.

Thursday, May 27, 2010


The Importance of Words

We use alot of words. Some people can never seem to shut up. People like this never come off as too intellegent, but people of few words are looked at as 'deep'. Sometimes when I get nervous or don't know what to say, I will run on and on and then force myself to shut my mouth when I realize how much I'm talking.

Words can uplift someone, or they can damage a person for life. How powerful they are!
The Bible says:
*study to be quiet, and to do your own business (I Thessalonians 4:11)
*ye ought to be quiet (Acts 19:36)
*but the tongue can no man tame (James 3:8)
*the tongue is a little member...how great a fire a little matter kindleth (James 3:5)
*If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain (James 1:26)
OH...
and the ultimate for women....
*It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house (said TWICE! Proverbs 21:9, 25:24)

How often we hurt with words! We are to: Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 1:13)

Are your words sound? When you speak do people know that you are a child of Christ? Are your words full of faith and love?

(And for the record....I'm making myself feel bad, because alot of my words are not full of faith and love!)


God's Law

Great peace have they
which love thy law,
and nothing shall offend-
How then do they
who spout thy Word
justify their unlawful sins?
It's not in the New,
testament, that is!
We do not follow the Old!
We are under the blood,
we can't be loosed from the fold!
'tis true, 'tis true!
His blood did atone,
but these same laugh in His face!
And God gets angrier every day
as saints' blessings He doth erase.
Foolish one! Can you not see
the wonder of Christ's power?
Have you ever felt His presence,
His love over your soul shower?
Can you not see how angry are these
that laugh and mock at God's law?
He hardens their hearts
and cements their pride,
they miss truth's fiery darts!
How precious is God's steadfast law!
How blessed are they which follow!
The words that keep one pure and clean
it's precepts constantly acknowledge.
Then will you know great peace,
and nothing shall offend
no brother will wound with words or lies
no hurting heart will have to mend.


 



 

Wolves in Sheep's Clothing

The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. ~Psalms 12:6-7, KJV

And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times. O Lord, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever. ~Psalms 12:6-7, NIV

Same verse....seemingly harmless changes. Notice how this perversion of scripture changes 'them' to 'us', and 'this generation' to 'such people'. The consistent testimony of history condemns this rendering as preposterous. This reading was released LESS THAN one generation after 6 million descendants of David's were murdered by Hitler (the 'us' of verse 7).  When the mob cried out to Pilate, "His blood be on us, and on our children", a new period of heartache was ushered in where Jewish people would be anything but "safe" and "protected". From a numerical standpoint, the Jews have only known holocaust and genocide for two thousand of the three thousand since the 12th Psalm was written. Their added cry, "We have no king but Caesar", made sure that their antagonists would be "Romans", as in Roman Catholics-Hitler, Mussolini, Himmler, Goebbels, Goring, Eichmann, and so on.

Who is lying? God or the NIV translators?


Quotes For An Early Sunday Morning

*I must under God renounce every attachment to the New American Standard. I'm afraid I'm in trouble with the Lord...We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped interview some of the translators; I sat with the translator; I wrote the preface....
I'm in trouble; I can't refute these arguments; it's wrong, it's terribly wrong; it's frighteningly wrong; and what am I going to do about it?...I can no longer ignore these criticisms I am hearing and I can't refute them....
When questions began to reach me at first I was quite offended. However, in attempting to answer, I began to sense that something was not right about the NASV. Upon investigation, I wrote to my very dear friend, Mr. Lockman, explaining that I was forced to renounce all attachment to the NASV...The product is grievous to my heart and helps to complicate matters in these already troublous times...The deletions are absolutely frightening...there are so many...Are we so naive that we do not suspect Satanic deception in all of this?....
I don't want anything to do with it...
The finest leaders that we have today...haven't gone into it [the new version's use of a corrupted Greek text], just as I haven't gone into it...That's how easily one can be deceived...I'm going to talk to him [Dr. George Sweeting, then president of Moody Bible Institute] about these things...
You can say the Authorized Version [KJV] is absolutely correct. How correct? 100% correct!....
If you must stand against everyone else, stand. 


-Dr. Frank Logsdon, (1907-1987), evangelical pastor and speaker, in a letter dated 1977 to his friend Cecil Carter




*The question of good or bad translation is no longer a linguistic one but a doctrinal one.


-John Kohlenberger, The NIV Concordance


*Certain words have gathered theological significance through the years and to change them might be to change doctrine....Do the changes in meaning come from new evidence or  simply new theology.


-Lewis Foster, NIV and NKJV Committees


*I am very glad to discover such movement within Christian churches that is sympathetic to the pagan spirit.


-Starhawk, a self-proclaimed witch, quoted in Dark Secrets Of The New Age by Texe Marrs


*The old order is gone and a new order has already begun.


-II Corinthians 5:17, in the perversion of scripture called the NEB


*The collusion if so low key that no one notices.


-The Aquarian Conspiracy


*Most New Agers, however, teach that the new will overcome the old by a gentle process of ecumenical unity and absorption of the religions into one another...The New World Religion will contain all the common elements of all religions.


-The Lucifer Connection, pg. 145


*That which for nearly 1500 years was imposed on Christendom as a book, of which every word was written under the direct supervision of the Holy Ghost; of which not one syllable nor a comma could be changed without sacrilege, is now being retranslated, revised, and corrected and clipped of whole verses, in some cases entire chapters.


-H.P. Blavatsky, Isis Unveiled Vol. II (London: The Theosophical Publishing House, 1923) pg. 125,252
(Helena Blavatsky was a very famous Satanist, and the co-founder of the Theosophical Society)


*Satan cometh immediately and taketh away the word....(Mark 4:15 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment