Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Sunday, February 20, 2011

Music~The Noise of War

Exodus 32:15-18
15) And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand:  the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.

16) And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.

17) And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, there is a noise of war in the camp.

18) And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.

Can we go anywhere today without hearing music~~that sounds like the noise of war?  As I go to places~shopping centers, gas stations, places to eat, I generally hear music that from a distance sounds like there is someone fighting and once I find out where it is coming from (usually someone's car) I realize it is just some punk playing around. The language is filthy, especially using the "f" word that among other perverted language has the capacity to make me angry far beyond anything else that I have had to listen to. It's usually coming from a background of "jungle music" that reminds me of something I heard somewhere in the past in National Geographic from the natives. It has gotten so that this music's volumn is turned up high while the windows are down in the vehicles and no one seems to care to do anything about it. These people who play this music have gotten proud and actually have the "look" of daring the listener to say a word against what they are doing, because they would probably turn the scenario into a real war.

Whenever I have to stop at a service station or stop light and have to sit there and listen to this, I generally have a strong desire to cut my radio or cassette player on as loud as theirs and play some hell fire damnation preaching and singing so that they have to listen to it. Yes, I have done this before, and it usually causes the person playing their music to either cut it off, cut it down, or roll their windows up. It takes a lot of nerve to do this, but that's what we need. These people who do this need to find out what it is like to be treated the same way they are treating others. I have grandchildren that I absolutely do not want to have to listen to such filth and feel the emotion of what the music is portraying, but if they go out in public they are forced to hear it. And where are the policemen when this is going on. A lot of times this can be heard in the parking lots of the public high schools. It has become so commonplace that just about no one pays any attention to it anymore.

Some good examples of this type of music is rap music, rock music (all kinds) and now even some of the country music has this sound going on. This music has been so incorporated
into TV and movies that no one really pays attention to it being there, but it is the same thing that we have been forced to listen to out there in the public. Unless you happen to be a person that does not spend time with the television and movie world, you will not realize how much this is true and has affected the actions of people and their way of thinking.

The next thing I would like to look at is how does God feel about this music...

Exodus 32:19-30
19) And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

20) And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.

21) And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them?

22) And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.

23) For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us:  for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

24) And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.

25) And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)

26) Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the Lord's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

27) And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

28) And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

There seems to be a connection to idolatry with this music. What do you think?  Also, the people were dancing and made themselves naked. It definitely does not give a sense of peace or contentment after hearing it. It is very confusing and incites anger and riots. God at this time was ready to wipe out all these people for their idolatry and the music, dancing, and nakedness was all a part of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment