Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Vist With Beth

As I stated in the past, I intend to share with my readers some of the information that my daughter Beth has on her blog. She has been doing a lasagna garden for the last couple of years and is finding out that it is much easier to grow than the conventional type like I grow. I wish I had started doing this myself, and hope that some of my readers will have a look at this easy and simple garnening method!

My PhotoFriday, June 3, 2011


The Growing Garden

 More early peas-a mix of Lawson's early pea and snow peas....I have enough seeds saved now to have a good planting in the fall. Because of the great rainfall here in the last few months, everything is so green and growing very well.
Mint coming back in a border garden that we thought had died. It smells good. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with this border.
 Lasagna gardening is so easy, sometimes I go out and look to see what I can do. Occassionally I pull up a weed or two. I have 5 beds this year, and everything has been growing great. I plan on adding more as time goes on and space permitting. I am also going to work these existing beds with composted materials to make the soil richer.
Another view. I have corn, squash, zucchini, 4 types of beans, about 3 types of tomatoes, cantalope, watermelon, cucumber, and okra. I am not growing a huge amount, but I am using this as a learning process, and seeing what I can grow where. I am going to reseed empty spots as soon as possible.

Growing Chickens

For all of you who may not know it,  Todd and Beth and grandchildren have started raising their own chickens in order for the kids to sell for profits and of course for their own enjoyment. This is a money venture that's going to be used to teach the kids how to be responsible for taking care of the fowl and earn money at the same time. The above picture is one of Texas Leghorns that will lay white eggs. In my research, I found that these chickens lay well in the winter which is a great investment, since most chickens cut back dramatically in their laying eggs in the cold months. Also, they chose these chickens because for some reason, people have a problem buying and eating brown eggs. These chickens have really grown since the last time I was there, Beth!
I am looking forward to getting some of those "healthy" eggs from you and the grandchildren!

No comments:

Post a Comment