Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Writings from Beth's Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A New Body

I can't wait to get my new body. Even though I enjoy life now, there are limitations to what this fleshly shell can do. It aches sometimes. It's stiffer than it used to be. It gets tired easy, and it gets hurt easier than it did twenty years ago.

I ask my kids what they want to do when they get their new, pain free body. A body that is not physical, but spirit, able to go through walls, swim in the deepest part of the sea, free fall from a cliff without getting hurt. Kids say the craziest things, and they get excited about the prospect of doing things they've only read about. Want to fly? I ask them. I make up wild stories of riding on a dinosaur's back, dropping through the crust of the earth's surface, hopping from cloud to cloud. Want to travel to another galaxy?

In this world of fantasy, witchcraft, murder, and mayhem, it is my way of fighting back. Why box yourself in to this shallow world when the sky's the limit? Harry Potter has nothing on stepping on the moon and flying without a broom. The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings can't give me an immortal body that will see a perfect King sitting on the throne in Jerusalem. They can't give me streets of gold to walk on, and the idea of playing fetch with a full grown lion.

Kids are spiritually dying in a constant stream of the same ol', same ol'. They are turning their back on stale Christianity that bores them to tears. Why not give them something that's better than what the world can offer them?

 

Tuesday, January 10, 2012


Vote the Right Way!

The kids and I are reading in Daniel for school, and I came across this verse:

Daniel 4:17

This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

This verse ties in with the beginning of Romans 13. I have noticed recently all of the bashing of the president (and it is hard not to!) and the downright anger of Christians who are about to draw blood over who is going to be president.

But we can see from scripture that God is in control and prayer changes things. He gives the kingdoms to whomever he wants!  It would be better to bow on your knees to vote, trusting in God, than to go into a booth after months of worry and stress, only to have that vote tallied by corrupt people.

No comments:

Post a Comment