Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Monday, April 25, 2011

Beth's Antics

I have decided that from time to time I will be borrowing some, what I consider, good information from my daughter Beth Lassitter's blogspot. She started writing her blog at least a year before me and also was the one who got me started on my own spot. 

Enjoy!!




Friday, January 7, 2011


The Lions' Den

Run the RaceIf you put your child in the Lions' Den (public school), expect for them to be eaten. It will happen. If by some wild chance they don't get eaten, they will come out with the stink of the pit on them. The false religions of evolution and humanism, the perversion of music, the twisting of sexuality....all of this will mar he/she in ways that will never be erased. Do not expect your child to be a "Daniel". Most kids can't live up to those expectations. You shouldn't expect them to. Children are vessels to be shaped, and you as the parent are supposed to help guide them into what they are meant to be. God entrusts you with the raising of his children. Will you then throw them into the pit of despair to worry and stress over the lions? What type of vessel are you molding?

Friday, December 17, 2010


Art Class

My mother in law sent my girls acrylic paints and canvases as a "snow day" activity. Well, it snowed the other day, and since we have started Christmas break, I decided to pull them out. It kept them quiet a LOOONNNGGG time. And they loved it.

 

 

Sunday, December 5, 2010


This is Annelise hugging Geoffrey the giraffe outside of Toys R Us. Annelise wants to hug anyone that is dressed up in a costume...which I don't understand in the least. Maybe it is because she is (like all other children) naturally trusting.

As a parent in these times, I have often wondered where we are supposed to draw the line. Should we teach our children to be friendly to everyone, regardless of race or religion...or do we teach them to be cautious, never talking to strangers? I've heard so many horror stories, as I'm sure you have, of abducted kids, molested kids; kids whose parents leave them in a car by themselves-the list goes on and on. I tend to hang overly cynical and cautious. What if I send these vibes to my children and they grow up paranoid freaks? This is just one more thing in the "worry" pile.

For now...I let her hug, but I am literally 5 steps away. I am ready to tackle the giraffe if needs be (just kidding...I think). Try anything funny, buddy...and you're going down.




1 comment:

  1. As a christian parent myself I have learned that our ONE purpose here on earth is ministry. That being said I MUST rely on my Lord and Savior to protect my children in every instance....I completely trust him to do this! I must! As a human being I will be lax on occasion....there is no getting around it...so I choose not to worry as it is futile. Because of this standard I have been able to help many in need of various races and religions. Thank you Lord Jesus for every opportunity!

    ReplyDelete