Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Friday, August 12, 2011

Life on the Other Side

I am presently being afforded the great adventure of "house sitting". My daughter and husband Todd along with their 3 daughters have suddenly decided to take a trip to the hot wonderland of Texas Hill Country in order to visit Todd's parents, brother and his grandmother amongst the other activities they've got planned to fit in during this visit. They have and will also revisit Pensacola, Florida where a long-time friend lives named Sue and will try to visit the church that Todd and Beth attended when they got married some 14 years or so ago! I forget how long! Anyway, I have been awarded the opportunity to come and stay at their house in order to tend to the chickens that need to be fed and watered in the morning and evening. This has been quite an adventure. The chickens (there are 30) are not old enough yet to lay eggs but are pretty well on their way to doing just that. In the evening I have been going to the building that they roost or sleep in at night and giving them fresh water and feed that is put inside of the building to lure them all inside. Most of them go right in there since by this time they are nearly beside themselves with hunger. Of course, there are a few strays that obstinately decide they would rather stay outside, so in this case they are left to do whatever they wish during the night and are not to be worried about. So far, I have not lost any of them. And, oh yes, of course I have to put on these trudging boots when going inside the gate of the fence that houses the chicken coop (it's pretty big) in order to keep from being bitten by a snake. I usually pray that the Lord will send the snakes away. A few weeks ago my granddaughter Ariel actually got bitten by a copperhead while being inside the fenced chicken yard and had to spend the day in the emergency room taking anti-venom and running up a humongous emergency room bill! That in itself is a whole new story.

Meanwhile, during the day I have also been going back to my own house and trying to tidy up some things and fix a decent meal for my husband who has had a terrible cold all week. Sounds like fun, huh? So goes my life. I have actually enjoyed staying at my daughter's house due to the fact it is a very calm place to live. I have spent my extra time here catching up on some much needed blog writing and copying preaching cd's that I wasn't able to do at my house. Also, I plan to use the time to teach myself the updated version of 2007 Microsoft Office which I don't have on my computer at home. There are many things to do so I don't have time to get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment