Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Surprise from Amber

My oldest granddaughter Amber sent me a copy of a story that she wrote in her English class. It totally surprised me because it was written in my behalf. The  letter below is written to explain the story that follows:

Dear Me Me,

My English teacher Mr. Tolbert wanted the class to write about someone important in our lives. I decided to write about one of my favorite grandmas that always showed me tender loving care, and a harsh cheek, he he. I hope you like this. Some extra stuff is added, but to me it feels like the added stuff really happened. Enjoy and write me back. I would love to hear what you and Papa would have to say.

Love Amber

The following story was so thoroughly enjoyed by me that as I sat in my chair I laughed and cried. As she stated above, all of this did not really happen, but it would be fun to think that it did (at least most of it).

My Grandmother

When I was little I couldn't remember a time when my grandmother A.K.A. as Me Me wasn't there. I am the first grandchild from their oldest daughter. I was always the one that got most of the attention until my Aunt Beth had her first child. Me Me loves the English land. She loves how they talk, act, what they eat, and their humor. In fact, Me Me has a special brand of humor that could split you in half or heal your heart.
When I was eight years old Me Me got all the girls in our family together for a British tea party. We all had to dress up in pretty dresses with umbrellas that had gorgeous colors printed on them. Me Me would do Beth's hair in the most amazing style, Me Me was a beautician. Usually my mom couldn't attend because of work, so
Grace my other Aunt would braid my hair and tie a creative purple bow at the end.
Me Me had the best cooking recipes in the family. She could make the best homemade croissants with peppermint tea and little cakes with drizzles of white chocolate on top. She presented a table set in English style and filled with delicious Southern foods that were my favorite.
After we ate and enjoyed wonderful deserts, flavored drinks, and hot tea, we would break out the game croquet. Me Me loves games and she got all of us addicted to them. Once Me Me would play croquet with all the adults and older children, she would make her way to a deck of Uno cards that everyone played. She even taught my cousin that was three years old how to beat me and beat everyone else.
Five hours usually passed by fast with her because we would have so much fun. After the tea party was over, all the husbands would come and say hi and pick up their wives and children. I was always the one that was insisted on staying the night and help clean up. When everything was clean and everyone had deserted the house, it was time to put on hand-me-downs and go help her in her garden. I absolutely hated it, but she promised that she would take me to the Golden Corral and have a girl's day.
Me Me has always been fun, she has always been a health freak that was addicted to growing her own herbs. We always played Uno and Scrabble and fix a special yummie meal for Papa. Papa was never around much until he came home from work to spend time with me by taking me to the Tastee Freeze for the best ice cream.
I would always have a ball at Me Me's house. We would do-si-do to blue grass at night and listen to classical music when we read the Bible. Jesus was always the right choice for Me Me after he helped her get back on her feet when she was younger. We would always talk about the events that took place in the Old Testament. Papa was a Pastor of our church, so he always volunteered to put in extra attention to specific stories that needed for imagination. Without my grandmother I'd be nothing. I love Me Me and the memories we share.

*A note from Me Me
At first, I thought I would leave it to your imagination which parts of the story above actually did happen, but I feel that I should at least let everyone know that I am not addicted to games...I do like to play some games. And I have not fixed some of these foods mentioned above. Neither have I really done that much do-si-doing with Amber. We did have a few episodes in my living room, nothing outlandish. But, I would like for my readers to know that I wish I had done more of these types of things with my granddaughters. Time flees away and they grow up very fast. Before we know it, they're busy with their own lives and seemingly don't have much time for pasttime fun!
Since this time Amber has turned 16 years old and the last I heard she has gotten her drivers license. Now I will really start worrying.
I love you, Amber.

No comments:

Post a Comment