Welcome to Alice's World

The purpose of this blogsite is to bring glory to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. There will be many different topics discussed, so hopefully you will enjoy your visit with me. Some of the topics may be very controversial, while others may be the normal stuff everybody already knows a little about. Because I am a Christian as well as an herbal enthusiast and also grow and am always learning about organic gardening and heirloom seeds and plants, I believe in going to what I believe to be the "book of books," meaning the Authorized King James Version of 1611 Bible, for most of the things discussed here. The things mentioned will be involving these topics. Of course, from time to time you may see pictures of my family (my grown children and my grandchildren as well as my other half, i.e.HUSBAND), but for now I would just like to say THANKS for joining me!







Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Church

At this time, I would like to mention a church in the Virginia Beach area that the Lord has so graciously allowed me to learn about in the past 2 years and also attend at different times. At a time when I felt like there was no place to turn, no one to really help me in my time of need, the Lord helped me find this church. Mainly, by visiting my daughter Grace who lives in the Virginia Beach area due to her husband being in the Navy, I have been able at different times to participate in the Street Preaching Ministry of the Bible Believers Baptist Church that is a weekly event. They are deeply burdened for the folks that come to the beach by the thousands, so much that they literally pass out thousands of tracts to these passersby, of which I have myself been able to participate. There is no better feeling for a believer of the Lord Jesus Christ than to be able to proclaim the truth to a lost and dying world. I have also been able to listen to the preaching via the BBBChurch.com  website. I know and believe that the Lord has used the preaching to greatly edify this believer (me) and mostly everything that I have heard has seemingly ran parallel with what has been going on in my life the last couple of years. Many things that I believe and have believed to be right have been talked about and preached at this church. It has been my "saving grace" in that the preaching has literally helped me defeat the ever-present on-going pressure of being told that "yielding to the "world" is not a bad thing...it all depends on how one looks at it."  Brethren, many have swallowed that lie! I pray that I won't be one of them.  Pastor Tim MacDonald, the Lord bless you abundantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment